||Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is the largest and most influential Latino business membership organization in the Sacramento Region. The Chamber serves more than 500 member businesses and over 15,000 employees from companies of every size and industry. Acting on our mission to support and grow small business through advocacy, economic development, and business development, the Chamber delivers programs and events each year that advocates for an inclusive and prosperous economy.
||This position reports directly to the CEO/president of the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and supports the mission of the organization, its Board of Directors and related programs.
The Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is looking for a strategic, innovative, and enthusiastic Vice-President of Programs who inspires confidence and helps to create a positive organizational culture. The VP of Programs is a crucial, senior level position is responsible for leading the chamber of commerce efforts in close coordination with the CEO.
As a key representative of the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, you will display a high level of professionalism and embody a positive attitude. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the operations of the Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a dynamic and forward-thinking organization in a period of exciting growth. This position is expected to be a proactive leader, outcome-based, results oriented, takes ownership and has level of professionalism. You should be entrepreneurial, have a business-like approach, be visionary, “see the big picture,” and be able to facilitate change.”
You are confident, organized, and a great communicator. You take ownership over programs and delegate accordingly. You help create positive and highly productive teams. You are excited about working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of responsibility.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities
||Position: The Vice President (VP), Programs will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas. The position will be critical in driving the overall strategy for the organization. The VP, Programs will initially develop deep knowledge of each project, program operations, and business plan.
- Leads economic development activities of the Chamber
- Proactively engages with local and statewide economic development agencies, higher education institutions, local government and other entities to advance economic development projects and initiatives
- Coordinates the creation of professional marketing and promotional materials to promote Chamber programs and initiatives
- Monitors and makes recommendations for a robust and informative website that specifically addresses the community’s economic development efforts, successes, programs, services, information and data
- Represents the Chamber in planning efforts for significant economic and community development projects and initiatives
- Identifies fundraising and grant opportunities and assists with completion of proposals for funding.
- Coordinates public policy and advocacy efforts as related to economic and community development projects and initiatives
- Helps to develop and improve chamber membership programs and services that have value.
- Develop and implement a program roadmap for all events.
- Plan and execute social events programs to increase member networking outside a professional setting.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community-based organizations, other chambers of commerce, public and private entities in areas of common challenges.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled Board and Board Committee meetings. Read materials distributed prior to the meetings and share experience and expertise during Board discussions. Support decisions that are arrived at by the Board. Ensure that confidential information shared at the meetings is held in confidence.
- Prepares and monitors monthly statistical reports on services provided and issues a periodic report of results for review;
- Communicates to the President/CEO and SHCC Board of Director relative to administrative problems and case situations;
- Represents the SHCC in Cities-Counties-State relationships and other interested organizations and serves as advocate for funding and services;
- Responsible for presenting to the public services and programs offered through the press and through speaking before interested organizations and groups throughout the Sacramento region and California on behalf of the President/CEO and SHCC Board of Directors;
- Maintains programs for staff development and recruitment through comprehensive training opportunities;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the SHCC President/CEO.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Understanding of Latino issues, culture, and Spanish language literacy is a plus.
- Have a clear understanding of governance (ideally including experience serving on another board) and the importance of a shared understanding with management about accountabilities and decision-making processes
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational skills, editing, and attention to detail is a must.
- Advanced PC knowledge including MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Constant Contact.
- Understanding, knowledge and direct use of Social Media platforms for business related purposes.
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and to use discretion and tact in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and across all functions
- Ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment.
- Be solution oriented, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to change.
- EXPERIENCE: Five years of progressively responsible business management experience. Chamber experience, business management and understanding of small, mid-size businesses and corporate leader positions is highly desirable. Experience
- EDUCATION: Completion of the requirement for a bachelor’s degree in management, business administration or a related field.
||The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily sedentary. The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk and use the computer.
- Occasional light lifting of up to 25 pounds.
- Travel—to and between meetings in the Sacramento Region (30%). Occasional overnight travel for conferences or annual convention.
Compensation commensurate with experience. The Chamber also provides a benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, This position enjoys 11 paid holidays, 10 days paid time off per year (increases after 5 years’ employment)
|How and where to apply
||Please submit the following required materials:
Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Letter of interest.
- Direct your materials to:
400 Capitol, 9th Floor
Sacramento, CA 94814
If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 916.486.7700. Or email Cathy Rodriguez at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled